There are no training prerequisites for the BOSIET.
- May not attend if more than 6 months pregnant or as per Doctors advice
At the start of the training the delegate has to produce:
- ID (passport or drivers licence)
- valid, current offshore medical certificate.
This training is designated for offshore personnel who need to follow a safety training according the OPITO accreditation.
This program is developed to contribute to offshore safety, training in emergency situations and is mandatory for everyone working offshore in the oil and gas industry.
Aims and objectives
The BOSIET is a basic safety training in which delegates are trained on safety awareness and possible incidents on board of a mining installation. At the end of the course delegates are able to:
- recognize possible dangers and risks on board of offshore oil and gas installations and know how to reduce or eliminate these dangers;
- understand the safety regulations and fundamental safety management concepts;
- use their safety equipment and follow the procedures during an emergency situation with a helicopter. Focus in the training is mainly on abandoning a helicopter after ditching;
- show survival at sea and first aid techniques;
- demonstrate how to effectively use the basic fire extinguishers and self-rescue techniques in situations with limited sight, like with smoke filled space.