The FOET is open to persons with a valid (in-date)
OPITO approved BOSIET, FOET.
At the start of the training the delegate also has to produce:
- ID (passport or drivers licence);
- a valid, current offshore medical certificate.
- May not attend if more than 6 months pregnant or as per Doctors advice
Aims and objectives
The aim of the FOET is to provide delegates with the opportunity to practise and demonstrate emergency response skills which can't be practised during drills, exercises and emergency training offshore.
The objectives of the FOET are that delegates will be able to:
- demonstrate their ability to use safety equipment and follow procedures in preparing for and during helicopter emergencies with particular focus on escaping from a helicopter following ditching;
- demonstrate that effective use of basic firefighting equipment and self-rescue techniques in low visibility and completely obscured visibility situations;
- demonstrate that they can perform basic first aid.
This programme is designed to meet the further offshore safety and emergency response training and assessment requirements for personnel working in the offshore oil and gas industry, seeking OPITO approval.