There are no prerequisites to participate in a HUET. All delegates have to have a valid and current (offshore) medical certificate. This certificate needs to be shown at the beginning of the training.
- May not attend if more than 6 months pregnant or as per Doctors advice
Aims and objectives
The aims of this HUET-course is to train delegates in the specific area of helicopter safety and teach them how to act when a helicopter is in an emergency situation. The main focus is on the escape from a ditched helicopter.
The course is developed according the OPITO standards and contains the following elements:
- emergency equipment on board of a helicopter and how to use this;
- prepare on an emergency landing;
- a simulated emergency landing on land and in the water;
- the use of a Emergency Breathing System (EBS);
- several exercises of an underwater escape from a helicopter simulator;
- ways to escape from a helicopter after an emergency landing or after capsizing.
Personnel travelling offshore with the use of a helicopter. Company specific requirements can be added to the HUET course.